Effective January 1, 2020, a Minimum Advertised Price on all OPKIX Inc. (“OPKIX”) products will be in effect (herein referred to as “MAP Policy”).
OPKIX is dedicated to the most convenient camera solutions to capture life’s moments. Our customers are able to Simply Capture More while remaining engaged with family and friends. Our success is dependent upon our global partnerships with resellers who share the OPKIX vision.
An established MAP Policy is in place for the following reasons:
- Maintain High-Value to the OPKIX brand equity
- Have clear guidelines for resellers to follow
- Maintain legitimate retail competition
- Protect our resellers from grey market interference
- Encourage a global market strategy for success
Loyalty and Customer Service are key to a great Customer Experience and the MAP Policy is in place to allow OPKIX to be offered to consumers through resellers that share this philosophy. By being a resale partner to OPKIX, it is necessary to abide by the follow requirements and restrictions.
- The Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) for any OPKIX product shall not be less than the current Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) as published on the OPKIX price list. Current pricing can be viewed on opkix.com or requested via email to MAP@opkix.com.
- This MAP is established by OPKIX and maintains the sole discretion to adjust the MAP at such time and in such amounts as OPKIX determines.
- OPKIX maintains the right to run a temporary MAP Holiday at its sole discretion, and by providing advanced notice to all resellers of such changes, and in such case, the MAP will be the same as the temporary sale price on those particular items for that particular time period.
- OPKIX products shall not be listed on any third-party website, such as Amazon, Ebay, Overstock, etc. or any others, without prior written consent from OPKIX. Resellers are permitted to publish products on their own website associated directly with your store(s) as long as this MAP Policy is adhered to.
- This MAP Policy applies to all advertisements of OPKIX products in any and all media, including, but not limited to flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, email newsletters, email solicitations, internet or other electronic media, Apps, television, radio, and public signage.
- Website features such as “click for price,” automated “bounce-back” pricing e-mails, preformatted e-mail responses, forms, automatic price display for any items prior to being placed in a customer’s shopping cart and other similar features are considered to be communications initiated by the reseller (rather than by the customer) and thereby constitute “advertising” under this MAP Policy.
- The inclusion in advertising of free or discounted products, with a product covered by this MAP Policy, would be contrary to the MAP Policy if it has the effect of discounting the advertised price of the OPKIX product below the MAP.
- If pricing is displayed anywhere other than a brick-and-mortar-retail store, any strike-through or other alteration of the MAP is prohibited.
- Reseller agrees to hold all trademarks and copyrights of OPKIX as the property of OPKIX and use advertising materials provided by OPKIX in an authorized manner only.
- If a reseller with multiple store locations violates this MAP policy at any one store location, or on any associated website, this will be considered a violation of the OPKIX Map Policy.
OPKIX reserves the right to cancel any pending orders, restrict future orders, or suspend a reseller's account if OPKIX reasonably believes:
- a reseller has violated the provisions of the MAP policy; or
- if reseller has violated this policy in any other way.
- Determining whether a violation of the MAP policy has occurred, and appropriate consequences and actions will be the sole responsibility of the OPKIX Map Policy Administrator.
- Advertised prices of resellers, either directly or via the use of third-party agencies or tools, will be monitored by OPKIX. Resellers are expected to provide reasonable cooperation in any investigations regarding possible MAP policy violations. Any failure to cooperate with an OPKIX MAP policy investigation, which may include hindering, delaying, obstructing or otherwise, is a violation of the MAP policy.
- All questions related to the MAP Policy may be emailed to MAP@opkix.com.
- Bundling OPKIX Products with other products or services (whether made by or provided by OPKIX or another entity) in a manner that implies below-MAP pricing for the bundled OPKIX Product is a violation of the MAP Policy.
- Bundling or advertising OPKIX products for sale together with other products will violate this MAP Policy when the product(s) bundled with MAP Products include words, packaging, graphics, or other indicia which may create customer confusion as to the source of the product(s).
- Product(s) bundled with the MAP Products must not, without conspicuous warning, be technically incompatible.
- Gift cards, coupons, points, or other incentives which are contingent on the purchase of a MAP Product will violate this MAP Policy.
OPKIX, in its sole discretion, will enforce this MAP Policy per the following Four (4) Offense Guidelines:
A. First Offense: Verbal and Written notice of the violation. If resolved within 24 hours’ notice of violation, First Offense mark will be revoked.
B. Second Offense (withing preceding 12 months): Reseller will be placed on a DO NOT SHIP list for all OPKIX Products for a period of thirty (30) days.
C. Third Offense (withing preceding 12 months): Reseller will be placed on a DO NOT SHIP list for all OPKIX Products for a period of sixty (60) days.
D. Fourth Offense (withing preceding 12 months): Reseller will be terminated by OPKIX and placed permanently on a DO NOT SHIP list.
The MAP policy has been established by OPKIX Inc. to help preserve and protect the reputation of the OPKIX name, brand and associated products and services. The MAP policy is also designed to ensure resellers have the incentive to invest resources into services for loyal OPKIX customers.