It’s that time of year again when people (responsibly) get together and enjoy great food, better company, and an adult beverage or three to keep the holiday cheer flowing. With 2020 mostly in the rearview, we wanted to share a list of some of our personal favorite winter cocktails to relax with and take some of the steam off.
1. The White Christmas Sangria:
With its festive colors and great tasting ingredients, we chose this Christmas drink recipe as our number one choice for 2020. Be sure to check out the video below for a quick guide on how to make this popular cocktail.
- 1 Bottle of Sparkling Wine/Champagne
- 1 Bottle of Pinot Grigio
- 1 Bottle of Pear Brandy
- 3 Pears
- 1 Bag of Ocean Spray Cranberries
- 1 Bottle of Bundaberg Ginger Beer
- Rosemary for garnish
- Cut and layer the fruit into a pitcher
- In a separate pitcher mix ⅓ champagne, ⅓ Pinot Grigio, a bottle of ginger beer, a pour of pear brandy to taste and mix
- Pour the mixture over the fruit and refrigerate for 3-4 hours
- Pour into your favorite glass and garnish with rosemary
2. Grinch Martini:
We all know a grinch when it comes to the holidays, perhaps this green martini will help give them some holiday cheer? Besides the Christmas cocktail name, this fun green drink is sure to cheer up even the grouchiest of Grinches.
- 1 Can of Sprite
- 1 Can of Dole Pineapple juice
- 1 Bottle Titos Vodka
- 1 Ginger Ale
- Limes for the Rim
- Pour ⅓ vodka, ⅓ sprite, ⅓ pineapple juice, and a splash of ginger ale into a martini shaker and shake over ice
- Pour into your favorite martini glass and garnish with a lime
3. Grandpa’s Eggnog:
This is a recipe that comes from one of our very own here at OPKIX. This eggnog recipe has been passed down in his family for decades, and now we would like to pass it down to you! Click here to see the original Grandpa's Eggnog recipe
- 6 Eggs
- Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup of heavy cream
- 2 Cups of whole milk
- 1 Pint of French Vanilla ice cream
- 1 Bottle of Brandy (optional)
- ½ cup of sugar
- Whisk 6 egg whites with ½ cup of sugar
- Mix 1 cup of heavy cream, 2 cups of milk, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream into a saucepan and let simmer
- Mix in the milk mixture back with the eggs and sugar and whip until completely combined
- Mix in ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract and brandy if desired
- Pour into a serving container and chill before serving
4. Christmas Morning Mimosas:
Some bubbly? I think so! This holiday drink recipe gives a classic drink a festive twist. It is perfect for your Christmas morning brunch while the presents are being opened.
- 1 Bottle of Champagne
- 1 Bottle of Pomegranate juice
- 1 bag of Ocean Spray cranberries & rosemary for garnish
- Pour ½ champagne, ¼ pomegranate juice, and ¼ cranberry juice into a champagne flute.
- Add rosemary for your garnish. Tada!
5. Hot Cider:
We of course had to add a warm Christmas drink recipe to the list. This will both warm your hands and your heart.
- 1 Orange
- 1 Pack of Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Allspice
- 4 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 Gallon Apple Cider
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Pinch Nutmeg
- Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
- In a large pot over medium heat add 1 gallon of apple cider
- Stir in ¼ cup of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of allspice, and a pinch of nutmeg
- Stick the pointy ends of the cloves into the orange(the entire orange should be filled)
- Add orange to the cider and reduce to simmer
- Serve in warm mugs with a cinnamon stick garnish
- For adults, add as much bourbon as you deem responsible
How we got the shot:
Filming the White Christmas Sangria video was fun and easy. We used the OPKIX One video camera and Universal Hat Clip to capture those POV shots.